Thaithonburi Corporation Company Limited signs MOU with 16 parties on “Khok Nong Na Pa Lumyai” to promote organic farming under Sufficiency Economy Philosophy
On 4 February 2020, Thaithonburi Corporation participated in MOU signing ceremony between 16 parties on “Khok Nong Na Pa Lumyai of the Nan River Basin” to promote sufficiency economy and organic farming. The 16 parties include:
- The Governer’s Office of Nan
- The Community Development Department, Ministry of Interior
- Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chulalongkorn University
- Faculty of Architecture, King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang
- Faculty of Engineering, Chiang Mai University
- Rajamangala University of Technology Lanna – Nan
- Bhum Thai Pattana Fund
- EarthSafe Foundation
- AoMueSamakkhi Social Enterprise Co.,Ltd.
- Thaithonburi Corporation Co.,Ltd.
- Earth Care Innosys Co.,Ltd.
- PC Innova Co.,Ltd
- Organic Agricultural Center of the headwaters of Nan
- Alumni Association of Faculty of Engineering, KhonKaen University
- Khaoyai Panorama Farm Co.,Ltd.
With the purpose to encourage organic farming under the guidance of King Bhumibol Adulyadej (Rama IX)’s Sufficiency Economy Philosophy the initial step starts with Nan Province’s Longan produce which is researched and developed into a Longan Syrup with Lingzhi Extract (Immu Xtract).
To kickstart the project “Khok Nong Na Pa Lumyai on the Nan River Basin” Immu Xtract, the result of a 3 year long research that won multiple top awards from the International Invention & Trade Expo 2019 in London, UK, was produced. Longan farms are already contributing to this cause including six major farms as follows:
- Tambon Phayakaew, Chiang Klang
- Baan Tid, Tambon Chiangkan
- Tambol Tanchum, Tha Wang Pha
- Mueng Jung, Phu Piang
- Keung, Vieng Sa
- Ai Na Lai, Vieng Sa
“Thaithonburi Corporation is deeply honored to be a contributing part of this initiative to bring about widespread organic agricultural practices. We present and distribute Thai agricultural products to the world at its highest potential value to give back to farmers who are truely willing to change their ways of agriculture to organic. We also believe that this is an important step towards a countrywide ecosystem of organic farming.” says a company spokesperson
This event marks as one of the first cooperation between the government, the private sector, and local agricultural sector that will drive and bring about sustainable organic agricultural practices.